giovedì 28 marzo 2013

THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING BECKHAM

Manchester United is one of the most victorious clubs of the world, in its formations we have always seen great football players who made history and gave the club the possibility, even recently, to gain so many titles.
In May 1999 the English team was going to win the Champions League against Bayern Munchen, scoring during the last minutes of the match, and I, being just 9 years old, knew nothing about this all.
I only knew that there was a blond football player, with a hairstyle like the one I wore at the time, he was becoming greater and greater everyday, playing in the Manchester United team whit the t-shirt number 7, he was David Beckham.
My parents were going to go to Blackpool in a little time and I was sad to let them go so I asked them where exactly they were going.
My mother, as if I asked that question purposely to gain something, answered that Blackpool was not far away from Manchester, in the north of England.
Since then I started wondering if they could bring me home as a travel-souvenir a Red Devil's t-shirt.
After a 5 days, at the return of my parents I was very happy to see them and not so convinced I would receive the present I wanted so much.
Just when my mom opened her valise I saw that beautiful red t-shirt.
I thought I was dreaming, in particular when my mom started describing me how she got to Manchester just to make me happy and how she bought my present at the MUFC megastore.
At the time I couldn't believe in the existence of a store made up for one team only! That's when I started dreaming about visiting places like that by myself!

Anyway the t-shirt was wonderful, even now I keep it with great care and I know it's one of the most popular between the red devil's supporters since it represents so many team successes.
The club badge is carefully embroidered and the sponsors are the typical ones of the United.
The collar and sleeves show the typical 90's style.

Honestly I have wore that t-shirt many times and every time I scored a goal in my yard, making the live commentary of my actions, I dreamed about being like Beckham.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento