giovedì 6 giugno 2013

Collecting Football Shirts

Who has never dreamed since childhood of owning something that belonged to your favourite player? Usually a fan tends to idealize his heroes and sometimes seems impossible that players are normal people.
Even me when I was a child, when matches ended and players swapped their football tshirts I dreamed that maybe one day one of those shirts would become mine. With much effort I managed to get some matchworn or issued material but the passion has remained as the perennial search for material belonged to my idols.
In twitter I discovered quite a lot of shirts, boots, shorts etc.. collectors, many collect worn items to sell, while others would not private themselves of a reserve player shirt even if you give them all they want!
I like very much snooping trough these twitter collectors’ pictures and seeing loads of memorabilia that they own.
Among the many I was impressed by the collection of a Fulham fan.
I’m sure that a lot of MyFootballand readers may be interested in what he has to say about his collection so I asked him if I could make him an interview for my blog.
Lee Adams has been a Cottager since he was a child, he regularly follows the team matches and he flew all over Europe during the prestigious season 2009/’10 when the Londoners defeated among the other, Juventus and Hamburger SV before losing only in Final against Atletico Madrid.
Recently he is creating a website that is going to show all his Fulham shirts. The site is www.fulhamfcmatchwornshirts.co.uk.

1) When and how did you start collecting football shirts?

Well I was 9 years old and went to a Chelsea game (my dad is a Chelsea fan). We were watching the game (behind the fence, ha ha).
After the game my dad gave me one of the match worn shirts. I was amazed and thought ' thousands have seen this shirt and I have it'.
Being 9 I couldn't pay for my shirts so every birthday I would ask mum and dad but nothing came of it.
I got a signed Fulham shirt back in 1998 (I meet the team).
Then in 2002 I had kids so I stopped collecting. I still picked up a few shirts.
But after 2 kids (boys) I'm back collecting for them and their future.

2) Do you have any anecdote regarding a shirt?

I do but I can't say at all... Sorry! But it was the Kelly shirt.

3) Is there a particular shirt you'd love to have?

Ah it has to be Simon Davies Europa league final shirt.
I was there at the final (I was always away).

4) How did you get the idea to create a website? Can you tell me something about it?

There are a few of us collectors on twitter. Most have websites.
I just thought having all my shirts I would love people to take tour and have a look at my collection.
Spread the word. Ha ha

Following there are some Lee’s collection football shirts. Among the others there is the one of Dickson Etuhu when he scored in Turin against Juventus.






Nessun commento:

Posta un commento